(Marc Jacobs, Celine, Jil Sander, Chanel, Valentino.)
Move over floral, Monochrome is here!
One of the biggest trends for SS13 is good old Black and White. Monochrome was seen in every city and in every pattern, shape and fabric. It was graphic, squared, striped and subtle and definitely took over the conventional Spring trend of pastels and floral. Even though Stripes were a big trend also for SS13, I think the Monochrome trend is my favourite (because you can have black and white stripes, duh!). My favourite Monochrome looks are from Marc Jacobs (and I never really like MJ!), Celine, Miu Miu and Chloe! Get involved and wear Black and White this Spring:
- Black White Print Bodycon Dress, £38 - This print is crazy but amazing. It would look so good with bare legs and big chunky boots or heels, black of course!
- Half and Half Spot Tee, £32 - A quirky relaxed style top with an easy to wear graphic print. It could be worn with so many things, with a pair of skinny jeans, tucked into a high-waisted skirt, or some denim shorts in the Summer.
- Wide Stripe Denim Hotpants, £30 - Wear these as a statement piece with an oversized boyfriend T-shirt and some flats or trainers for a casual look. For something more dressed up, wear with a polo neck crop top and a pair of amazing platforms.
- Contrast Collar Shift Dress, £46 - Get a 60s Anna Karina look with this simple, elegant dress. How cute is the collar?! An easy, subtle way to wear the Black and White trend.
- Textured Spotty Skater Skirt, - £22 - Another easy way to wear the trend. This can be dressed up with a blouse or down with a cropped T-shirt and flats.
- Knitted Moroccan Cropped Jumper, £38 - An amazing clashing jumper with contrasting trims. Would look great with a pair of skinny jeans!
- Blouse With Pleated Front, £20 in sale - The black on this white blouse is a really great contrast! Wear with a pair of black jeans and some simple black heels.
- Playsuit in Monochrome Print, £35 - I think this would look lovely with some flat sandals for holidays or just for very warm days. It doesn't need dressing up, the print does everything.
- Leggings With Monochrome Panels, £18 - These remind me of the trousers at Proenza Schouler last season, but are obviously still in trend! Wear with a simple black T-shirt or jumper.
- Check Jumper In Contrast Yarn, £35 - Technically, Monochrome doesn't have to be Black and White, if you're looking at it from an 'art' perspective. I think Navy can be classed as Monochrome, if not, it's easy to get away with! Love this jumper, checks are also a big trend this Spring.
- Petite Skater Dress In Geo Print, £25 - I've had this dress saved in my 'Saved Items' for months! It's such a nice print! I'd wear this with tights and some cute flats or heels.
- Claire Colour Black Skater Dress, £18 - With black and white garments, black is usually the main colour. Wearing white can be quite daunting but this dress is lovely and would great with heels for a night out or an occasion.
- Claire Jacquard Pattern Pinafore Dress, £20 - Pinafore dresses are my favourite things to wear at the moment and this one is dead on trend. Wear with an embellished collared white blouse to complete the Monochrome look.
- Chloe 3/4 Sleeve Multi Printed Shift Dress, £15 - I am in love with this dress but the 'collar' and the dropped waistline puts me off. The patterns are amazing though, reminds me a little of Marc Jacobs.
- Denise Dogtooth Pencil Skirt, £12 - Heels or chunky boots are must for skirts like this. Dogtooth may have been an A/W trend but it's still Monochrome right?!
- Dina Stripe Roll Neck Crop Top, £10 - I am also in love with this top, but they don't have my size. So inexpensive as well! This would look great with anything high-waisted, skirts or jeans, or even shorts, to give off that French Chic Summery feel!
I hope you've enjoyed this post. What are your favourite SS13 trends or looks?
Have a wonderful weekend! x